The book takes the reader through the process of using a theory to guide research from inception of a research question to evaluation of future research. International experts in theory-related nursing research describe twelve theories that have previously been applied to research and practice and six theories that can be applied to future research and practice. Using a consistent analytic framework, each chapter applies a specific theory (from either nursing, psychology, sociology, or management) to a particular clinical population or care delivery issue. These encompass clinical, administrative, and educational nursing settings. The consistent format facilitates ease of comparison across different theories. Generous use of figures and tables further demonstrates the complex relationships between and among concepts embedded in the theories.
– Demonstrates a systematic format for evaluating middle-range and grand nursing theoryis applicability to research
– Links theory to clinical practice at patient population and care delivery levels
– Provides a useful template for students of nursing disciplinary knowledge development
– Presents the scholarship of international researchers of theory-related nursing
– Includes theories from nursing, psychology, sociology, and management
Download Ebook Medical for only 10$ per book